View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-15, 11:11

AirPods debate has been snipped and moved over here. And I think I may have mucked up the redirect a bit.

To get this conversation back on track, Let me ask some questions:

What is the next innovative cycle for iPhones? The big, stupid idea right now (stupid due to feasibility, not concept) is the folding phone, which is clearly not ready for primetime. Cameras? Screen tech? Security? Some killer app? (which I would argue has nothing to do with the phone unless it takes advantage of some fancy new wiz-bang piece of hardware.)

A smaller phone is nothing new, but certainly sought after, although I am no longer a customer for that, having gotten used to my X. Even bigger phones are a thing, although I think they are positively silly, but I can see a certain—if not great—demand for an iPhone Maxi (aka, iPad Mini with the phone app). I'd never buy one, but Apple Watch and AirPods make the concept significantly more attractive, as they add a "remote control system" of sorts so the iPad could just hang out in a briefcase or purse.

Is the phone headed for your wrist and the screen headed for some fancy AR glasses that will make us all look like fools?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-08-15 at 11:31.