View Single Post
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-12-23, 16:19

Edit: I'm stupid and can't remember what I wrote.

I just think that this guy should get punished for committing fraud. Whatever that may be, I'm fine with it. My problem is that some people think it's good that he committed a crime and he should be praised for that.

I'm all for saving public lands and what not, but in this case, it was a legitimate auction that he took part in knowing that he wasn't going to pay. That's fraud, plain and simple.

One of the quotes in the article said something about this being postponed until February, when the Obama administration will be in office. It went on to say that hopefully the new administration won't be in a rush to prosecute. What? That's ridiculous. The dude committed a crime, let him be punished and move on. ( I know I might be entering some dangerous territory with the political spin, but I was just mentioning a quote from the article. I don't care who is in office. That was this person's goal, to stop the auction until a new administration came in, and he accomplished it. What I'm saying is that just because the new administration may agree with him, they still have the obligation to prosecute him.)

I think that's about it for me.

The guy should be punished for committing fraud, plain and simple. Whatever that punishment may be, he deserves it.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.

Last edited by kieran : 2008-12-23 at 16:38.