View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-05-10, 23:26

So good news everyone! For just about a week now the MC server has been running in a VM on Junior and holding strong. This is also on a 7200 RPM HDD. Some time this weekend I'm going to repurpose Lenny and move the SSD to Junior. The VM is going to go onto Junior and the VM will run entirely on the SSD.

I didn't say anything other than some testing with SpecMode because I wanted to see how it handled it without people "looking for problems". I've been looking for them personally and not found any yet. The move to the SSD will be pretty painless, though will cause the VM to be shutdown during the move. It's a small price to pay for progress though.

I haven't heard from Brad during this either, so I can't say we've been able to consult on this one. He still has access to the VM and overall control of it, FYI.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.