View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-12-05, 13:46

Good times.

Off-topic (click to toggle):
I remember those years fondly, the whole VHS-renting on a Friday night (Blockbuster or otherwise), and just the whole novelty of it...being able to pause while peeing or making more popcorn, or rewinding to watch a cool scene again, etc. Unheard of! You'd see everyone in the county on a Friday or Saturday night at Blockbuster. Crushes formed, friendships made, you'd share tips or assessments, even to people you didn't know, looking at the box artwork/reading the back of the boxes for the plot (every horror/slasher movie had red lettering on a black background). Grab a candy bar, get your 2-3 rentals (knowing you had to have them back in a day or two, so no screwing around...movie-watching was serious business). You hunkered down and built your evening around it, with friends over, etc.

I remember watching Raising Arizona with a group of about 6-7 friends and realizing how strongly I felt myself attracted to one of the others in the room just because of how much she laughed at all the silliness and dialogue. It made her adorable and instantly appealing to me, that she found it as funny as I did (I think we were the only two who did). Crushed hard on that one, for several years, just over a goofy movie. Awesome, memorable times...long, long gone.