View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-03-11, 12:14

Wow, that is expensive. I would be better off buying a treadmill and building a desk over it. I love the idea though.

I'm thinking at this point that I'm going to buy the new TouchBar 15" and use it as a docked desktop. That will be on a convertible desk that can stand or sit. Then I'll get a treadmill and have a place for the laptop on it so I can walk and work using the treadmill separate from the standing desk. This will allow mobility as well as being able to sit or stand/walk.

What about shoes? Someone I talked to (at my workplace) said the mats are crap and that the footwear is most important when it comes to working at a standing desk. I don't have shoes really geared to standing all day right now. I have running shoes and hiking boots. House slippers even! Nothing for standing for hours at a time though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.