View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2018-11-28, 08:06

I may like something Sonos for whole home (main floor) audio. I’ve heard it used in a large commercial space, and it really was effective. My local furniture warehouse has a collection of Sonos Play1 and Play3 spread around their two level showroom and they filled the space seamlessly. It was very impressive - clean sound all around a very large warehouse, no hotspots, just nice room fillling sound.

Due to the layout of the first floor, I didn’t go for any built in audio solutions, I did provide plenty of evenly spaced electrical outlets in every room, and ethernet beside most of them. The main space has become about a 750 sq ft irregular shaped open area encompassing a lofted two story stair on one end, a kitchen on the other, a roughly 11x12’ nook at the front, and central four foot support/accent wall holding a couple of beams near the centre.

My thought here is to do like the furniture store and grab a couple of Play1 two packs (4 speakers to start) and hide them around the space for ambient audio, maybe going as far as 6-8 scattered along two banks/zones.

I wonder how two HomePod s would compare to 4 Play1s in such an application?