View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-01, 10:39

Of course not. They're longtime employees, from what I read. They've probably acquired all kinds of goodies from all kinds of companies to help "grease the wheels" on various things (permits, licenses, waivers, etc.). A guy here got busted a few years ago just on some zoning/paperwork malfeasance, so it does happen. Power, money, politics, government office/departments, access, favors, abused budgets, lack of oversight, shady deal-making, cronyism, etc. all make for a potent stew of "uh-oh".

I think they're gonna wind up in a bit of trouble. But if they, in turn, have also paid off/"shown generosity" to the right people above them, that's no guarantee either, is it?

There's no telling how deep such a thing might run. These two guys just might be two, low-on-the-totem-pole flunkies who got caught. Here's the test: if either/both wind up dead (or attempted to be made dead) soon, then that'll probably answer a few questions too. If people above them, in higher, more powerful positions, are at risk of getting in trouble...well, I think we've all seen enough Martin Scorsese movies to know things might not look good for these two, if they're the reason things may start to crumble.

Tip: three bullet holes in one's head typically isn't a suicide, and a Lexus isn't known for exploding like a Ford Pinto.