Thread: iPad Pro 2021
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-06-11, 15:22

I understand the notion in general (neither when introducing this iPad Pro a few weeks ago nor when introducing iPadOS 15 this week did Apple make a good case what all this horsepower is good for), buuuuuut I have to disagree with one bit:

"New buttons to invoke the same old multitasking system — an improvement, but not the overhaul needed"

No, it was exactly what was needed.

First, the multitasking gestures range from awkward to outright pah wraith incantations. How do you add an app to split view? Well, if it's in the dock, that's easy (assuming you know this is even a thing that can be done… oh, and for some apps, it can't!). If not, you can search for it in spotlight, and then the difficulty level is medium. Or you can (for some reason) go to the home screen, tap and hold an icon (but not long enough for it to go into wiggle mode!), then with another hand go back to the dock to the first app, and then keep dragging to the edge, and…

Second, it makes this so, so, so much more discoverable I can't even believe they didn't ship this until now (well, this fall). But I'm glad they finally came to their senses. Window widgets! What an amazing technology. You tap on it, and it's clear what you can do with it.

Lastly, I believe this new indicator also makes the focus a little easier to see?