View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-06-30, 11:29

I have an XR that I ended up getting in a complicated phone conversation during the height of the pandemic wherein I ended up with a SECOND AND ABSOLUTELY UNNECESSARY LINE THAT I DO NOT USE.

When I slip my peg into the port on that phone there is a solid "lock" sensation.

With my "main" phone, recently cleaned of lint, there is further travel, but no solid locking sensation.

I will attribute that to the frequency that I have plugged the phone in because I play audio through the phone into my 17 year old car's auxiliary channel through the stereo and I also carry power banks for recharge when away from the mains for extended times.

Over the course of 5 years there have to have been physical wear on the bits that provide that "locking" sensation.

Still, I can pick up the phone while it is plugged in and move it around and sit it down and it's still charging (I did the cleaning to the port on the battery case as well).

I hope that this has bought me the time I need until the iPhone 13 (or whatever) arrives.

I kind of wish you wouldn't change the title of the thread too much.

Because it really does describe the SENSATION of plugging in - but maybe it could be more descriptive too.

Have a party?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter