View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-04-19, 16:08

Yeah, Apple seems to be out of the small-screen business. That ship has indeed sailed. And, really, it isn't about the screen size as it is the body size. The only thing that might occur on that front, down the road, is if some future SE model is based around a 4.7"-ish display placed into a first-generation SE-sized body. I think that would satisfy so many...as large of a screen as possible within that compact, one-hand-friendly body design. That's the thing everyone really wants, right? And that's what the full-face design of the iPhone X-and-beyond allows for, so...

The unrealistic idiot in me spent much of 2019 hoping like hell that was going to be the SE 2.

But that's probably 3-4 years away, if at all. And my gut tells me that the only place it'll probably ever exist is as a prototype somewhere in an Apple lab (because you know they've worked that up by now). But maybe they'll surprise us and the third-generation SE could be something like that? Once all the flagships have gotten even bigger, pricier, fold-y, double-sided, six cameras, etc.