View Single Post
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2008-08-09, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmegatool View Post
You can play versus unknown people you know. And it's free.... MOUHAHHAHAH... FREE !!! MOUAHAHAH (diabolic laughing)
Yeah, I suppose so. However, I don't find this a particularly appealing notion for two reasons. In my experience the pleasure of playing Madden has been rooted primarily in the friendly competition, trash talking, and the face to face experience. Its more difficult to get that level of camaraderie with someone over the internet, at least at first.

Also, in '08 the online matches were somewhat laggy, the experience didn't seem refined. Granted the developers may have gotten this aspect right this time around, I understand the game has been thoroughly improved. I suppose I'll wait to read the review and maybe make an impulsive decision next time I'm at the store.

In retrospect, I think the free online play is one of the biggest things that drew me to the PS3 over another 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Activision actually clarified that the game isn't cancelled, but that it will likely be released under a different publisher name, as scratt said. Documents included with a Xbox 360 demo that was recently sent to a few publishers, though, indicate a spring 2009 release instead of the original fall 2008 date.
I was disappointed as well hearing the Activision wouldn't be picking up the game. Altho hearing the dev is shopping for a new publisher is a reassuring feeling, my gut tells me there may be more significant delays on the road ahead.

User formally known as Sh0eWax

Last edited by Maciej : 2008-08-09 at 01:27. Reason: forgot to add, didn't wanna crosspost