View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-12-01, 12:52

Xbox 360: A little of everything. I've been using it more as a media server lately, watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (never got around to watching it) and episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (hilarious show BTW). Game-wise, though, I've played Madden 09, Forza 2, and Fallout 3 recently.

PC: Haven't gamed much on my PC in recent months, but this weekend I picked up Company of Heroes: Gold Edition for $30 and played it with some friends. It's a real-time strategy based on WWII and it's especially fun and fast-paced because it doesn't require you to gather resources per se... instead, capturing territory increases the rate at which resources are generated. Also, the graphics are stunning and very detailed.

The other one we played was SWAT 4. It's a couple year old FPS based around police operations. The goal is generally to enter a building and rescue hostages while protecting your team. You get points for avoiding police and civilian injuries, apprehending (rather than killing) suspects, reporting any arrests or injuries, and so forth. You get a wide range of non-lethal weapons like the beanbag shotgun, sting grenades, and so on, as well as traditional weapons. The multiplayer is fun too - you get 1 point for killing an opponent, but 5 points for arresting them. If you stick together as a team, it's very hard for the other team to make arrests, and there's a lot of strategy involved.