View Single Post
easywind

2005-01-25, 15:58

Jan 25,2005 12:16pm PST.
Well Folks it just gets thicker and thicker. Before today I could not choose the option of a larger Hard Drive in the Online Store. So I went to a Local Online Store, when I configured the Mac Mini it only charged $75 for the 512Ram option and $50 for the 80gig drive. So then I contacted the Local Store and they said the price adjustments are not added when you shop at the Local Online Store....In other words, WYSINWYG, What You See Is Not What You Get !!
They said it would be a total of $150.00 to upgrade to 512MB, and they are not able to upgrade the Hard Drive-even so, that their Local Store Online allows you that option.

My wager is Apple will eventually ship a custome 512MB to the Local Apple Stores, and it will only cost (same as the online Apple Store price) $75.00
extra.

It makes sence because they will sell more 512Mb then they will 256mb
I also see some one time specials (available only online) comming in the spring, thats once the dust settles from all the Hoopala surrounding the Mac Mini.

When Apple see's sales start to level off, it's then and only then, will it allow certain configurations to be sold at the standard price.
This is a sales tactic we have seen in the past.

Lets hope for everyones sake that Apple see's the light !!

easywind