View Single Post
Chinney
Veteran Member

2011-06-28, 21:22

For better or worse my itinerary and my timing in London kept me a long way from any chav culture highlights. I was in and around the financial district (“the City”, as they call it) and the touristy districts much of the time. Mind you, as we were coming back in a cab from a show on Friday night, we did see a businessman–at least I assume it was a businessman, wearing a black suit–sitting in the middle of the road bleeding as he was being attended to by a police officer, while another guy in a black suit was being heaved up against a wall and was being handcuffed. But I did not have my camera out for that.

In any event, my real mood for picture taking was more ‘the beauty of grit’ or as it turns out ‘the beauty of garbage’ than it was ‘true grit’. This picture was taken of a trash bin on a balcony at the Tate Modern Gallery as the sun was setting. Let's just say that I was inspired by the art inside. My wife would say so too, although in her case she would probably interpret the photo in a negative way as a commentary on what was inside the gallery since she does not always have a lot of patience for modern art, and she certainly did not that evening.

I am going to post a couple of alternates in the Color Photography Thread, but the photo above is my actual entry.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.

Last edited by Chinney : 2011-06-28 at 21:44.