View Single Post
AWR
Veteran Member

2011-07-05, 11:29

From the top:

Evan, your shot is my favorite among the bunch submitted for this PCT. So many things to like about it as a moment and as a photo, not just because it's Barca. For present purposes though it stumbles and fails to meet the grimmer criteria of this month's PCT.

Murbot, yours is also a nice shot, but not grim, just gross.

PB PM, I give your shot of the swigging cowboy the Honorable Mention of this PCT. It's not real edgy, raw or rough (this is exacerbated by the exceptionally clear capture) but a fine portrayal. This dude’s human doppelganger has seen some long hard days and will feel like shit in the morning. More like the theme as intended.

Xaqtly, your shot has some elements of grit. The desert can be evocative of this feeling by itself. While I like the shot, for the thread purpose it lacks a fuller story.

Turtle, did you bother to read about this month’s topic? This looks like a shot from drewprops’ house in the Hamptons. Just joshing, but true grit score very low.

Ryan, with a nice shot as is now expected from you; handsome composition, light, B&W too (NB. turtle); no true grit though, no story, just construction equipment.

Chinney, yours is also a nice shot exhibiting little grit. Nice colors, but the subject seems to be signs of affluent people on vacation. Points for getting this shot with your wife accompanying you overseas though.

Mac+, of course yours is in, and very cute, and exhibiting extraordinary strength, grit even, but thankfully I’ll add that it’s not edgy, raw, rough, uncut or untethered.

Dorian Gray, your shot I Need $ is this PCT’s winner. I liked it when you first put it up. Nice framing I thought, combining lines, colors, and textures. Seems like the shades are down at this establishment. Some trash and a dog-end adding a little more crummy. And the message is dead on.

Many thanks to all, and for your patience!! Congrats DG, over to you!