View Single Post
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2005-02-10, 17:01

TiVo! I've convinced 4 people to get TiVo and all of us agree that it's the best devise to enter our lives in ages, how did we live without it? especially if you have kids.

After 4 years in this house with a piece of crap garage door that had to be opened manually, we got a new door with an automatic opener. sometimes I just go out for a soda just to open it and close it.

I used to work on the road in Texas a bit, in three different cities, in San Angelo the hotel I always stayed at gave me the same room, it was nice, I always felt like I was home.

In Abilene there is a Restaurant called Zaentners Daughter that when I came in the waitress would just bring me my big boy beer, call me hon, and say my order was already going. (I always got the same thing)

In Temple they always had a box of Jelly-Bellys on the pillow with the little recipes to make Jelly-Belly cocktails.
It may seem trivial but being away from home weeks at time can be harrowing but if you're going to do it Texas is a place where the people are so great at making you feel welcome and at ease in their part of the country.
Except Houston, to many ex-New Yorkers in Houston.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"