View Single Post
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2005-08-15, 07:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept
Well, g, part of the reason I laughed so hard is that I actually *have* experienced the horrifying ordeal of rolling backward off the edge of a mountain road.

But the terrain "over the edge" turned out to be fairly smooth - a grassy, sparsely-forested slope - and not 'too' steep. So when the brakes finally 'took hold', damage from the backward plunge was minimal - an external rearview mirror fixture bent by a tree. I mean, it could have been *SO* much worse. ACK!

ah, reminds me of this story from another thread

age 8...in an old milk truck...only two seats up front and the whole back open...we have 9 people and a great dane in the truck...heading down the santa monica hills canyon road...truck loses brakes and we go over the side...down about 30 feet or so when we hit a clump of small bushes that surprisingly stop the truck...all of us (mostly hippy adults) are smashed up against the truck front window glass...great dane is on top of us all...carefully we all climb out and hike up the hill to the road...we look back down and see that where we went over is the only place in sight with this clump of bushes...10 feet in either directions and we continue down 1000 feet or so to certain painful demise and dog paws through all our spines....

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough

Last edited by thegelding : 2005-08-15 at 08:03.