Thread: Scene 38
View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-16, 17:05

Wow. Thanks for posting that. I never did like that lightsaber battle in Ep IV, especially in the wake of later movies. That video definitely demonstrates an area that could be rebuilt and made so much better. That was, like, a thousand times better.

You know, one of the finest, most brilliantly filmed scenes in the entire Star wars universe is Darth Vader slicing through the rebel troops at the end of Rogue One. It really demonstrated Vader's anger and power. This remake does that, too. It shows Vader as an angry, spiteful has-been out to rule the universe while letting nothing stand in his way, even the emperor.

The thing I hated the most about the first 2.75 episodes of the prequels was the way Vader was painted as a whiny bitch rather than a power mad villain in the making. The tail end of Episode 3 and Rogue One brought the real Darth Vader back to life. This Scene 38 thing accomplishes that as well, and I loved it!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)