View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-16, 23:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Are you not thrilled by those punches? That shit makes it for me. 👊 👊 👊
Oh, hell yeah I am!

That's precisely the way I thought about Vader as a kid. In fact, all the way up until Episode 1 stole his aggressive nature. Just the way he choked the life out of the rebel pilot set the tone for the entire saga. Lucas either blew it, or he had no money for a choreographer for Scene 38. It came off as weak then, and looks like crap today.

Lucas should have put his money into this redux rather than the horrible, Sucks-O-Ton Jabba sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+ View Post
Brutal.
Vader!

He was my least favorite character because he was so evil. I hated Vader! The least cool kids got picked to be Vader because everyone hated him. We didn't hate him because he was the "bad guy", we hated him because he was so bad! Ep V built on that. He was terrifying. Ep VI brought his human side forward and we empathized with him. Ep 1 made him a whiny little kid. Ep II made him Padme's bitch. By Ep III he was intolerable.

Until the Mustafar battle.

Finally, Vader was Vader, again! Mean, filled with hatred, sadistic, bent on revenge for imagined wrongs (although I think the lead-up to that is missing entirely—he just snapped for no reason. In this post I outlined how I thought it should go). He was the guy you wanted to see die; who deserved everything bad that happened to him. I mean, he wiped out a bunch of children and choked the hell out of his own wife. That scene is the only thing about the prequels that is believable. It made Vader Vader!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-07-16 at 23:38.