Thread: Scene 38
View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-17, 21:11

I can see where you are coming from, Brad. I don't much care for the CGI, either, but I love the far more aggressive Darth Vader. That's the thing that gets me. I love the original Star Wars, but that one scene never quite worked for me. All the build-up to the sword fighting Jedi and Syth, and we get two old farts shaking sticks at each other? Never felt right. The lightsaber duals of later episodes were far more fun to watch, and much more intensive.

And, you are right. It would take a true artist to re-film that scene and make it work in the original film. Still, I think it could be done. Episode V is proof of that. Vader straight up kicked Luke's ass once he got rolling.

And yes, *gasp* I would be all-in with a complete remake (*gasp*) of the original film using modern tech and actors groomed for the roles. Yes, I know that will roll some eyes, but there isn't another movie in the history of movies I would rather see remade*.

* Following the exact same script, exact same scenes, exact same music. No deviation. But with quality acting, and quality choreography!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-07-18 at 23:26.