View Single Post
Freewell

2007-01-25, 01:52

All-time favorite commercials:

Ok, so we don't really watch t.v. Have lots more fun things we would rather do, ( ) so we just don't have it in our home. (Yep I guess this *should* be mentioned in the "Weird is a Relative Word" thread!) Anyway, point being, most of my favorites are either ancient, or were never actually aired, but I find them to be hilarious.

1) Levi's commercial from yeeeaars ago: Man in shower (all you can see is human-shaped shadow amidst billows of steam) singing in a lovely baritone voice. Narrator yaps about the perfection of the 501's or the like. In the background, you hear said man exiting shower while continuing to sing. A split-second pause in the performance, the zing of a zipper being closed, and his singing suddenly resembles that of a Ritchie Valens falsetto rif! The narrator's question of the day hangs pointedly at the conclusion: "Are *your* jeans a bit *tight*?!

2) The Mastercard Blow-job commercial (If you haven't seen it, *find* it!)

3) Some Australian commercial for a Yoo-hoo like substance: Girl in slinky sprayed on sequin 'dress' flaunting her body to get her boyfriend's (who is watching t.v.) attention. Unsuccessful, she asks: "Does this make my bum look big?" With a 'No duh' expression on his face, he casually glances over, drink in hand and says: "Yah... but at least it takes the focus off your face!"

Good laugh therapy on all three counts.

Last edited by Freewell : 2007-01-25 at 02:02.