View Single Post
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2009-09-12, 09:26

I absolutely agree. With the surge of baby boomers turning 65 in the next few years, general practitioners are going to be even more needed. I'm heavily considering going into primary care, and wrote about it ad nauseum in my secondary applications.

The only thing I'm worried about is my complete lack of research. Early in the application process I somehow deluded myself into thinking I had a decent chance at a top 20 school (I applied to a lot of top 20 schools) but I realize now that without any research experience, it's not very likely. So I added a bunch more mid-range schools to my application. I'm not bummed about this -- I really have no desire to go into research. I left my job to care for patients. It would be disingenuous of me and misrepresentative of my interests to go out and do research because it "looks good." But it seems that's how the game is played by every other pre-med, and it works. Sigh

Hopefully I will get some interviews. I really don't want to wait around another year to reapply.