View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-11-24, 08:51

Weird monolith found in Utah desert.
Quote:
On November 18, 2020, the Utah Department of Public Safety Aero Bureau was working with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources to conduct a count of big horn sheep in a portion of southeastern Utah.

While on this mission, they spotted an unusual object and landed nearby to investigate further.

The crew members found a metal monolith installed in the ground in a remote area of red rock.

The crew said there was no obvious indication of who might have put the monolith there.

The exact location of the installation is not being disclosed since it is in a very remote area and if individuals were to attempt to visit the area, there is a significant possibility they may become stranded and require rescue.

It is illegal to install structures or art without authorization on federally managed public lands, no matter what planet you’re from.

The Bureau of Land Management will be determining if they need to investigate further.
This is pretty wild if you asked me. I have no doubt a group of normal humans did this for fun and now are laughing hysterically. Of course, they will want so bad to say they did it but don't want to face criminal charges for such actions so they will be torn with being recognized as the ones who did it while not wanting to pay for their "crimes".

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.