View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-25, 21:32

...and right on cue.

While I think Jennings is an arrogant twat with the personality of a graham cracker, I'm also not a fan of people hanging others via ancient Tweets.

Because you know damn well as soon as he was announced for the temporary fill-in gig, a bunch of Professional Pearl Clutcherâ„¢ (PPC) busybodies went digging through a decade-plus worth of Tweets looking for something "problematic" to hang him on. Because that's what people do now.

And $5 says Jeopardy ultimately pussies out, removes Jennings from the hosting slot, issues some groveling, buzzword-laden "apology" to appease the offense artisans and...hires Wanda Sykes.

But seriously, it's a good thing some people are always perfect and have never said or done anything tacky, off-color or questionable. I didn't realize those folks actually existed in the real world.

Still, Jennings is an idiot - and should be savvy enough, having been a media figure and in the public eye for a long time - for saying things like that, especially on social media for all to see. Hard to feel sorry for some people who haven't figured this out after 10+ years. How many celebrities or public figures - pop singers, actors, athletes, corporate heads, politicians, members of the press and academia, etc. - have stepped on their own crank (and gotten themselves fired from a lucrative gig) by being a moron on Twitter? Dozens and dozens, I'm sure.