View Single Post
¡Damned!

2012-02-02, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I just think some new things - or major updates to existing to existing products - will miss the razzle-dazzle and showmanship of some of this famous unveilings over the past 10 or so years.

Like I said, it'll just be different. Not a decrease in quality or value, but without those demos and RDF-drenched intros, it going to feel a bit "less than" in some ways, that's all.

That was always a big, fun part of this stuff...watching him work the room and making even the most pedestrian, expected feature seem so much more
Well, that much is true. We're never going to get the guy that "gets it" giving a demo of any tech and selling it from the hip. I agree, that era is over, sad as it is to say that. What we will get though are solid tech demonstrations, and solid reasons why this Apple thing is better than anything else out there.

I'll miss Steve's excitement, don't get me wrong, but I still expect an exciting announcement twice a year. That it will be given by more technical people shouldn't be a reason to be less excited.

So it goes.