View Single Post
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-05-24, 07:17

I ordered the modular Pet Shop from Amazon a few days ago, and it arrived yesterday. I've not had time to start building it yet, but I cracked open the box to look at the instructions. It's by far the most elaborate set I've ever seen.

First of all, the instructions are broken up into two books. I wasn't expecting that at all. The set is really two buildings, so it's one book per building.

Second, the instructions are numbered per-floor. Both buildings are three stories tall, and each floor is between 25 and 30 steps.

The last clue that it would take a while to build: The box is re-closeable, like a cereal box.

It's sitting in my closet at home right now while I'm at work. I might get to start it tonight, but I doubt I'll get very far. Then I'm going camping for the whole weekend, so I won't be able to touch it again until probably Sunday night. Then my birthday is on Monday, when I expect that I'll be getting more Lego sets.

Shit, I've got a backlog. That's never happened to me before. It's been a hell of a week.

I finished the robot I built for my son's nursery. I'll try to get some good pictures of that tonight so I can post them. It's not very fancy, but I had a lot of fun building it.