View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-05, 13:31

Yeah, right there with you. Just hit 50 on Tuesday, so I was "enjoying" the same weird TV shows every Wednesday evening at 7:00pm sharp and if you missed it you missed it and that's that!

"Go to bed without your dinner!" takes on a whole new meaning when you have to miss Battlestar Galactica or Star Trek. These young turds have no idea the suffering we went through!

Hell, I remember renting our very first VCR from a little rental joint in Idaho City (one of two pokey-ass grocery stores had started renting them in about 1982 or so) and can you guess what movie we rented? Here's a hint: "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" Now I can catch all that stuff on Netflix on Tuesday at 3:30am or Sunday at 9:36pm or whatever.

And Dirk Benedict? Yeah, Starbuck and Faceman. Wouldn't be a very good fit for Star Wars. Too many crossed universes. Dude can't be in all of them, and I should know—I saw all of them!

P.S. None of those shows "sucked" for me. I was thrilled to have that evening entertainment, especially during the winter. When we lived in Idaho City we were typically buried in snow by the middle of November and with early sunsets the TV was the place to be.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-12-05 at 13:46.