View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-03-26, 22:30

I have had my first snubbing since getting my first Mac. (I'm not sure how it felt, good because I have a great product or bad because I got snubbed. I'm glad my ego isn't in my hardware!)

Anyway, I am running four XP systems and one Mac Mini (Yes, Mac NewB.) My network was perfect before I added the Mac, but then again, me migrating completely over to Mac is going to be the perfect part. I currently am running a WRT54G for my main broadband connection. Connected into it I have an 8-port EZXS88W with my network computers tied into it. I also have connected to the WRT54G a NSLU2 USB 2.0 NAS, a Motorola Vonage phone adapter and the PSUS4. All but the phone adapter are Linksys. I have the Epson that you got free (after the rebate, C86) connected to the print server which is Mac and XP compatible.

I contacted Linksys support and this is what I got:*
Chat Transcript
03/26/2005 04:34 PM

Hi, my name is Ma. Anna. How may I help you?
Tony: I'm trying to install a Print server and seem to be doing good until I get to my Mac OS X. Can you help me set it up on my Mac?
Ma. Anna: Unfortunately we are not supporting mac operating system. But from the cd that came with the device, there is a folder there for mac configuration labeled unsupported.
Tony: disconnected
Ma. Anna: disconnected

I looked this directory on the CD up but don't understand what the CD is talking about. I don't know Mac OS yet and not a clue about Unix other than they are both leaps and bounds better than anything M$. How can I configure the Mac to work with the print server? It works fine with everything else, even sharing drives and my network printer connected through my "main" XP PC.

The only other thing is to know totally changing my network to Belkin or some other line isn't an option right now. I can get a new network later as I migrate more in the future, just timing isn't right now. Thanks in advance.
Tony

I did do a search for Linksys, print server, and PSUS4 only to find that Mac users hate Linksys.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.