View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-04-02, 19:20

I can now stop beating my head on the wall because I have gotten this figured out. A lot of information on the Apple Discussion page, and also from the Gimp-Print web site.

Here's what I did, I installed the beta gimp-print and then opened my Printer settings (Apps > Utilities > Printer Setup Utilities). I then selected; Add printer, IP printing, LPD/LPR (under "Printer Type"), I entered the IP address of the print server (192.168.1.9 in my case), "Queue Name" as "lp1" (Since the printer is hooked up to the first USB port), Selected the driver under "Printer Model"; First Epson from the drop down box which brings up another window to select the actual driver. (I have installed the Epson Stylus C86 - CUPS+Gimp-Print v5.0.0-beta2".) The driver with the printer doesn't support network printing with Mac so don't both trying to use it. After this I made the network printer my default and then printed two different jobs. One was a web page from Safari and one was a e-mail from Mail, both were perfect!

Then to top it off I did the same set up for my Linksys PSUS4 Print Server just to test it out! Both printed perfectly!!! I did have to change the "Print Queue" to be "lp" instead of "lp1" though as well as a different IP address.

So Brad or other administrators, please consider making this post more of a permanent one as a help for others trying to set up a network USB printer.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.