View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-10-30, 06:31

Left to right: DSi XL, DSi, DS lite. Yowza.

Unsolicited predictions: Next spring, the DS lite will drop in price $30 (after just four years!) to $99, which will totally overshadow the "main model" DSi hitting $149 (a $20 price drop after its first holiday season, just like the original DS). The niche DSi XL will clock in at $179 or so; even with the extra "games" I think $199 would be pushing it, even for Nintendo.

Sony will drop the price of the PSP $20, to $149, likely with a new PSP-4000 model, and the still-new PSP go will drop in price $50, to $199. The PSP, while slimming down and gaining features, hasn't changed in price since spring 2007, so a price drop would be welcome there, as well.

After the holiday season, of course.

I wonder what Nintendo's holiday bundles will include this year. DS lites? I'd imagine they'd include DSis, no? And what games? The new Zelda might be too new, although Nintendo released a Phantom Hourglass bundle the same holiday season that game came out. Pokemon Platinum, maybe? With a little Poke Ball around the camera? Professor Layton? I can dream, right?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong