Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
Wrao
Yarp

2014-09-10, 02:36

So. I have a running commentary with a friend over the years whenever new tech products come out that have been heavily hyped. We say that the harsher the internet reaction the more successful it will actually be. Watch has been getting panned in a lot of ways similar to iPad and iPhone and iPod and Wii and Xbox 360 and PS4 and Galaxy Note and Beats and several others. So I guess that means buy AAPL.

I keep thinking about whether I care or would get one and one thought does occur to me, that the iPad wasn't really seen as revolutionary because it was 'just a big iPhone', but as it happened that simple difference in size actually did make for an entirely different experience that was amongst other things quite plainly more enjoyable to use. I think it will truly only take a couple of things that the Watch is "more enjoyable" to use for it to be a success. Where it's easy to say "why not just pull out your phone in 2 seconds?"(and funny it's always '2 seconds') just as it was easy to say "it's just a big iPhone", until you use it and realize "it's much more than that".

Time will tell I guess(no pun intended, shoot me) I definitely am not interested in the first iteration, but somewhere down the line I'll probably end up with one.

I wonder also if a future edition will move away from being tied to the phone for connectivity. Perhaps through new wireless tech or whatever.