View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-10-07, 14:51

Speaking of Yellowstone:

A woman went to Yellowstone. Upon opening the door of her car, her "puppy" escaped and promptly jumped into a 200˚ water pool. The woman, fearing for her dog's life, jumped in after to "save" it, and is now in a medically induced coma with burns over 90% of her body. The chances of her living are slim.

After all that, the dog died.

Don't get me wrong, here, I like animals as much as the next guy. But no way in hell am I ever going to risk my life to save an animal. A human being, yes, but never a dog or a cat or a million-dollar, prized unicorn. This woman—if she lives—is going to be a scarred mess for the remainder of her life. Over a dog!

Human priorities are out of whack.

I will concede the possibility that the woman didn't understand just how hot the water is in that pool and just sort of "hopped in", but then I would question her judgement considering the boiling water and the steam rolling off the surface. If you stick your face near a pot with 200˚ water you are going to feel the heat. It would have been obvious, and the risk to your own safety (and the safety of others whose lives would be imperiled saving you) is not worth it over an animal.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-10-07 at 15:05.