View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-07, 20:03

I can understand all that to a point, Matsu. But…

And social media isn’t required in these scenarios. It helps/it adds another layer…but people can be plenty foolish and irresponsible without it.

But, yeah…this woman just got out of her car and approached a family of grizzly bears. No matter how that’s framed/explained, anyone who’s been alive in this planet for any amount of time - and who isn’t a complete blockhead - should know better. Would she jump off the side of a tour boat off the coast of Australia to swim with some great whites she spotted?

Never in 4,000 years would I ever think “bears! I need to go say hi and snap a few pics!”

I just wouldn’t. I don’t know anyone who would (and, believe me, I know some grade A idiots).

She’s lucky to be alive. And had she gotten hurt or killed, the bears involved might’ve been put down. Where’s the justice or sense in that? She came very close to being responsible for several needless deaths.

I’m not prepared to overlook/excuse that, no matter her reasons or how much “awe” she might’ve been filled with at the time.

She’s an idiot. And pointing that out is allowed. She got luckier than most in her position ever would. And a bunch of innocent bears got to continue living their lives and not be shot and killed by park rangers.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-10-07 at 20:13.