View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-08, 08:56

Was thinking about this overnight and I believe what really bothered me - more than some doofus getting mauled by her doing - was the fate of the bears.

I’ve reached that point where I’ve kinda given up on my fellow humans, realizing they’re a willfully stupid lost cause, and found myself genuinely sad/upset that some bears, guilty of only doing what bears do (protecting their offspring, territory, etc.) might’ve been lined up, given a blindfold a cigarette and shot by a Ranger Rick firing squad. All because of this clueless dipwad.

Realizing that would’ve bothered me more than Ms. Nimrod having her skull chewed off both saddened and amused me.

“Well, I guess I know where I come down on things…”.

Glad it all worked out and nobody got hurt, but I’d still like to see her spend more than a long weekend in jail. 20-30 days, at the very least, might’ve driven the point home and made more of a “wow, I really messed up” impact.

It’s an iffy situation brewing, with various elements all coming together: humans driving through national parks or nature preserves with wild animals out and about, doing their thing. But now we’ve got the whole “gotta photograph/film everything we see and share it to the world” mindset in the mix. My fear is, going forward, there will be no shortage of bozos getting out of their car and approaching animals they shouldn’t. Pics aside, you’ve also got that element who’ll do so to impress their family/kids (“hey kids, watch your old man show you how it’s done!”) or whatever piece-of-ass is sitting in the passenger seat. Us menfolk are notorious for doing really stupid stuff if we think it may translate into swimming in poon and titties later on back at the Days Inn. All the official-looking signage and finger-wagging from funny-hatted park rangers can’t override that.

Once again, two-legged animals will go and louse up something that was working just fine. That seems to be our calling card/legacy. We refuse to just leave stuff alone and let it be. We have to insert ourselves, thinking we’re making an “improvement” to any given situation. It’s the blind, oblivious arrogance, found only in us, that just makes me throw my hands up sometimes.