View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-04, 10:32

Those are the very things I'm taking into account, and wondering about.

I know I'm not getting a MacBook Pro (too expensive, and I've learned my lesson on overbuying).

So I'm waiting on the new iBook, just to see what's what. Curious to see if it's really slimmer, has a widescreen, iSight, etc.

However, if it's not a fairly significant jump up from my Rev. A 15" PowerBook (1.25GHz, etc.), I will indeed be looking at a 17" iMac Core Duo

Or, for the first time ever, seriously considering a Mac mini (Intel-based), paired with the 20" Cinema (using that 20" iMac @ 1680x1050 at my work these past few weeks has spoiled me completely...and I certainly wouldn't mind having that same "drive-in movie screen" experience here at home).

I'm really not expecting the iBook or mini to have anything but a Core Solo. However, it's probably still a better performer than the G4 (bus, cache, etc.), so none of the above three options are out of the question at this time. I figure they're all going to be roughly in that $1,299 ballpark, and I'll assess them all once the other two go Intel...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2006-02-04 at 10:46.