View Single Post
datapusher

2006-09-04, 14:54

i'm taking TS's predictions with a grain of salt.

i think at the very least at the media event we'll see the updated nanos or the new 23" iMac. but a pair of larger ipods? to quote Shania Twain, "That don't impress me much."

I'd be much happier with just a nano upgrade and nothing else. Not to say the 5g ipods won't get updated, but I think the 5G ipod has run it's course and i'd like to see a new ipod model in it's place before the end of the holiday season. With introduction of the movie store, in my opinion there is a need for a fully viewable, fully portable media device that should be attached to it. the ipod needs a bigger screen and better battery life. i'm not going to invest in portable media if it means that i have to strain to look at it. i for one do not need touch screen capabilities, lets just have a bigger screen.

archos and iriver are really tempting because they deal with more file formats and have more functions than the ipod does. i really want apple to make something for the Mac crowd that is the equivalent of such a device. i'm not sure if they ever will (how long has the ipod gone without FM radio support before it was tacked on?) but i hope that apple is in the neighborhood with those other players feature wise or i may have to invest elsewhere.