View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-08-29, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I’m not expecting huge advances on the Apple Watch after last year’s massive change, either, but it seems like at least new case materials are on the docket, along with the S5 and whatever else.
Yeah, but I think that's exactly why. They're making material (no pun intended) changes because that's mostly it for this year. (Which is fine.)

Given the Noise stuff in watchOS 6, possibly better mics in Series 6.

Quote:
I can’t figure out what’s up with the rumored new iPad. The “base” model is due for an upgrade, but all the rumors are saying it’ll have a 10.2-inch display? That just makes no sense to me. The only reason I can think that Apple would introduce another roughly-ten-inch iPad screen size is if they were changing over to an all-screen Liquid Retina design with a different aspect ratio. But I don’t think the base iPad is about to make that leap, before the higher-end iPad Air and mini do. Like, the base iPad doesn’t even have the laminated display yet.
I think you're reading too much into that. It's just a slightly different display size; it doesn't have to imply a redesign. iPad Pro and Air sizes have been all over the place in the past, too.

Quote:
I would be overjoyed if the 14-inch Pro came out this fall, but I don’t think it will. I think it will be another 2012 Retina MacBook Pro transition, where they come out with the big model first and then its little brother later. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if the 16-inch model was positioned above the 15-inch model, at least initially.

If Apple finally fixes their laptop keyboard, but only on a $3,000 model, that’s really not going to be a good look.
If the specs I'm looking for (basically just 32 GB RAM; everything else is secondary) aren't that much of a price bump compared to the 15-inch, I'm OK with it either way.