View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-08-29, 14:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Ehhhhhhh. That Fire is garbage (a garbage fire, you could say) even compared to the low-end iPad before the current one. And it’s not just the price.

You basically have to go way up to the Surface Go in price to get something non-Apple that doesn’t suck.
I agree completely. The Fire is shit. But Fire owners like it; they give it good reviews. They think it’s “good enough.”

That was what I was trying to say. “It’s good enough, for the people who buy it” really isn’t good enough, for a brand like Apple. Any old shit will be good enough to people who don’t know any better, but Apple shouldn’t be in the business of selling any old shit. That’s why we get so frustrated when we feel that there are Macs that we feel we have to warn our friends and family not to get. It goes against the whole idea of Apple being a quality brand.

I’m not saying the current iPad is “any old shit.” I think honestly they could ride it until next spring and update it and the Air at the same time and that’d be perfectly fine. (Maybe an upgrade in storage in the meantime would be nice.) But all the leaks say that’s not happening, that there’s some weird new slightly-bigger-but-still-not-Air-sized new base iPad coming this fall. So who knows.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong