View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-01-15, 22:54

It is, but you can't tell unless you crawl under the desk. It is solid and doesn't move at all. I mean, you can kinda see the clips in this shot, but I'm never standing that far from my desk. I used to have smaller clips, but I lost them in the move. These I had in the basement so they are what I used. More importantly though, the drive isn't ON the desk.

While I was working on things, I went ahead and mounted the dock and AMP under the desk. In this pick you can see where I took the aluminum stock and created a brace. I used one of those pads you stick on your dash to keep your phone from sliding on the aluminum to keep the dock or AMP from sliding when I insert a card or whatnot.

By the time I put the wires in and ran everything under the desk with cable ties and such, Mrs T recommended that I push the AMP back so the knobs would be flush with the front. That is how they are right now and I kinda like it. Less bumping with my chair when I rotate in it. I will say, I love having the volume right here now. Just the nice speakers on the desk at the back now.

This shot just kinda shows the flush components. That was my real goal, form and functionality from my normal vantage point.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.