View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2010-03-03, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
Dear US technology media,

Symbian is a smartphone operating system. Really! In fact, it's actually the most popular one. I know it's the only smartphone operating system not developed by a North American operation, and I know it doesn't have a huge following in the US, but America actually isn't the entire world! I know that must seem shocking, but millions of people buy Symbian phones, and more are buying them every year. So please stop writing articles about how Nokia is circling the drain or about how Symbian might be an okay choice for someone who doesn't want an "actual" smartphone. Toodles!

XOXO,
Robo
I don't mean to be a dick, but why would the US tech media report extensively on tech that isn't popular in the US? If CNET talks about Symbian, it'll be relevant to only a tiny percent of their readers. If they write a story on Android or the iPhone, though, they'll get way more hits.

I agree that it is stupid to only look at the US market when judging the worldwide performance of a product, especially one that is developed outside the US, but you have to keep in mind the audience.