Thread: Pets v.2
View Single Post
¡Damned!

2005-07-21, 21:17

Very nice, EmC. I'm glad you (and yours) got yourselves together to get another friend. I know how difficult it is to even think about a new pet after a good one has passed....hell, it's been almost 15 years since 7 passed away...and I'm just now looking for another dog in earnest. Good for you...she's adorable.

I'm totally a 'dog person', but I ran across (not literally) this cat last winter that was completely homeless. I was sitting out on a friend's porch when the little beast jumped into my lap, and started purring like a friggin freight train...well, as nice as that was, I left. A month or so later, I'm at the same house, and the same goddamned cat jumps on my lap. Purring and all turning about like s/he loves me and shit.

Anyways, I run into the house owner a few days later. She mentions the cat's percieved affinity for me ( )....so I feel obliged to ask her about the beast. Apparently: Semi-Homeless. Comes to Her House if It's Raining. Eats Anything. Has a 'house' down the block....yet is never let inside and is deathly afraid of shoes....

Long story short, the next time he jumped on my lap I said my goodbyes to my friends and promptly put him in my Jeep. Got home, fed him a can of tuna, and went to sleep.

I woke up with him laying next to me.

His name is Gato. Kitty Gato.

And we couldn't be happier.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2005-07-21 at 21:25.