View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-02-06, 08:16

Just struck me as funny, in light of their recent integration with the site in iPhoto '09.

"Hey, iPhoto now syncs to Facebook. But not in our stores...beat it, kid!"

But seriously, your thoughts?

It might help keep the rugrat/teen loitering element down (they barred MySpace access a while back as well). Some would argue that it might affect appeal or sales. But I'm about 98% sure nobody's going to base a $1,299 purchase decision on whether or not they can access a single site within a store. If I've got a guy standing there looking to buy a 15" MacBook Pro and a 30" Cinema Display to span to, and he can't get to the machines to check them because Amber, Josh, Britney, Danielle, Heather and Brandon are all glomming the machine to "Facebook" (with no intention of ever buying anything within the store, whatsoever), guess who I'm going to ask to go somewhere else?

In general, I've got no problem with it (then again, I'm not on Facebook or any of these others). But I can see how it could practically be the end of the world to some.

Quote:
Status: like, all totelly bummmed and stuff cuz I, like, cant get on facebook @ apple store apple SUCKS!!! there prolly gonna go out of buisness soon LOL