View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2009-02-06, 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu View Post
I don't know how it is where you live, but the two Apple Stores here in town are constantly PACKED with people -- some are playing, some are hanging out, most are shopping -- and while there are a TON of staff people around, there is almost never anyone who is not interacting with an actual customer. In fact, the only ones I can thing of that are usually not talking with customers are the guy who guards the Genius Bar scheduling computer and the guy at the front who greets people when they come in. In these two stores, it'd be very difficult for staff members to police the computers.
Well, I'd have to take a guess and say that I probably frequent several of the highest visited stores in the chain and possibly the top 2. If Apple's staff can no longer interact with each customer on a revolving basis when they are in the store for more than 5 minutes they are in trouble and need to reevaluate their retail approach. I hate being bugged with Apple's retail staff because, like I said, they are obnoxious tools of sales and not much else, but being approached by someone is a part of retail.

With that said, I haven't really experienced the problem that you have describe other than a few times during the holidays.