View Single Post
joveblue
Veteran Member

2009-02-23, 08:41

Facebook certainly isn't banned from Apple stores. I've just come back from a big trip and visited a lot of different Apple stores - they're very useful when you're travelling and need to check your email quickly. Of course I didn't camp out on them, just a quick check. Facebook was available in every store I went to, although I did suspect that they may have slowed it down a little bit, just as gentle discouragement, because it was often quite slow while other sites acted normally.

The 5th Avenue NY store was especially busy with people camped out, and it was necessary to wait for a computer, however they had one computer on each table which was locked from the internet. Presumably this is so that there are a few computers free if someone actually is interested in buying them. The staff would be able to temporarily unlock them if they were showing a customer how to use a Mac. This wasn't a huge problem at other stores though, I think Apple just has a chronic shortage of stores in New York, an unfortunately their most prestigious store in the world doesn't happen to be very big...

Apple actually saved my bacon in Vegas. I ran out of money (not gambling!) on my card unexpectedly, then ran out of phone credit so couldn't get in contact with my parents. I couldn't get onto the Internet at the hotel either because it required a credit card to get on. Thankfully I was able to email my parents from the Apple store and check my bank account later on to check if they'd deposited any money! Thank-you Apple!