View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-29, 09:49

That's kinda what I was thinking, but in my limited knowledge of this sort of stuff, I didn't know if I was seeing it right. But I can read/understand numbers and specs.

Yeah, seems to be an odd tradeoff for an outfit so proud of their green track record. They always take a bit of time during any keynote or media event to talk about that in the general, and how their newest, just-announced products meet or exceed all the important green/planet-friendly factors.

This sort of stuff seems like an odd "well, except for..." hit to that. Will be interesting to see how they reconcile or spin all that, if/when the day ever comes.

Unless, Apple being Apple, they're actually working on something that is both wireless and super-efficient in a way that currently doesn't exist or that nobody is expecting/imagining. That certainly wouldn't be the first time they've surprised everyone. So maybe that's what is taking so long, and why they've not put out any sort of first-party product when Belkin and 800 others all have. Maybe they're looking to "do it right" (and maintain their green cred).

I can imagine that being part of a four-year (and counting) holdup/delay on such a product.

Of course, when it does arrive, it'll be $699.