View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-10, 16:20

So far, so good. One week later, it seems the world is thriving just fine under these new policies.

One clarification on this one because of questions turtle and I have gotten in-game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
#2. No god powers! This also means no OP status (including me). Anything that really requires OP status can be done from the command-line if needed, and those times should be rare (updating whitelist, restarting server, etc). Some of you guys have gotten bent out of shape with the use of OP creative mode in TerraNova; so, we're going to give this a try. I hope that this will resolve some of those tensions.
"No OP status" really means "no OP status". You can't on one hand complain about OP's abusing their powers for themselves while on the other hand asking for OP favors when it benefits you. Turtle and I will not be granting requests for OP "magic", and we will only use the console in dire situations. "I need some X block" or "help I'm stuck in a cave" do not count as dire situations. Rather, "the server is down" or "we've been griefed" are the kind of cases that warrant using administrative privileges to investigate and resolve problems.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.