View Single Post
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-05-26, 02:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit
ooh, like the girl in the monitor.
so drew, what kind of movies do you edit, exactly
Heh, well actually that's a young boy ThunderPoit.
I was working on the Slavic 5.1 version of Peter Pan that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
NosferaDrew - nice work environment! Did you build that desk with the incline for that specific mixer/editing console (or whatever it is exactly) or can you buy desks such as these with a modifiable space to house any sized mixer/editing console?

I also like the built in 19" rack spaces at the back, but am I correct when I see that they are only 3 spaces high?

Very curious.
That was custom built for the Yamaha 02R digital console and that specific stage.
The stage is going to be upgraded significantly in the future. The 02R is out and we're dropping in a Digidesign Pro Control control surface to compliment the Pro Tools|HD system that I run.
The rack spaces are actually 4U high. Currently there is only an unused Dolby SEU4 Encoder (I have a Dolby 563 Surround Encoder on the credenza behind the mix position) and the head unit for the Lynx KCU in that area.
I don't really need much outboard gear since I do almost everything within Pro Tools.
Also getting rid of the monitor up front to be replaced by a overhead projector, the two LCDs will be replaced by a 20" Cinema Display since I have no use for the Sonic Solutions system (again, Pro Tools does it all).

The clunky PC has to stay unfortunately.