Thread: Word 98
View Single Post
MCSE+I-Turncoat

2007-03-01, 18:22

Why buy a new machine.

1: To get away from the ternary of learning a new OS every few years.

2. To get a system that does not crash all the time.

3. To get a browser that works.

4. To get an operating system that is not annoying and that does not bug me all the time.

5. To get an operating system that is designed to do artistic type things like music and art from the ground up.

6. To get a box that I don’t have to spend time building. I build my own windows boxes from the mother board on up.

7. To get an OS that does not need major fix (service) packs.

8. To not have to go to Vista which from what I hear is even less secure that XP.
http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/10/mic...0212vista.html

9. The get a browser that does not break all the time. Just now my Internet Explorer broke with the message "If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Restart Microsoft Internet Explorer."

New Things! I started on a PDP 8 with two 8 in floppy drives. Then a $2000 box with DOS 5 and Windows 3.1 and no apps. Then it was Windows 3.11 for Workgroups on DOS 6.22 with Qemm 8. Then it was Windows 95/3.11 dual boot on a new box. Then it was Original Equipment Manufactures service release two ((OSR2)) (AKA Windows 95 with service pack 1 built in. Then in was NT 3.51. Then it was Windows NT 4.0. Then it six service packs ending with 6a. There was no 6b. Then it was Window Millennium. Then it was Windows 2000. Then it was Windows XP. I am tired of trying new things. I just want stuff that works and runs fast.

By the way my Internet Explorer just broke so I have to install it again over the top and reinstall all the fix pack updates, run my regedit, defrag and do a backup.

PS. To do the full reinstall of IE you need the source files that Microsoft don’t like to give you. Here is a work around.

http://www.petri.co.il/download_the_full_ie_package.htm

"Cdownloads\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"

It’s been 12 years. When is Microsoft going to make a browser that works?