View Single Post
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2004-12-13, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
And there's a problem with this?

I don't think there's any problem with random drug/alcohol checks on the road. Like Barto said, as long as the test is fairly accurate, it can help to save lives and money.
idk about aussie law, but here in the us, congress, the states and their hired goons are required to have probable cause to search or sieze a citizen's property. p.c. generally means they have a crime they think you committed and they have some kind of evidence that you've committed it; so as to differentiate you from the 260mil other citizens just walking/driving around minding their own business. furthermore, no man can be compelled to provide evidence against hisself. random road-side tests are an affront on the constitution itself.

Quote:
In 2003 in the US, 14,630 traffic fatalities were linked to alcohol consumption. As far as I can tell, drug use hasn't been tracked like alcohol, but who is to say that some of those or a few more weren't involved with marijuana or some other mood/mind-altering drug?
i cant remember numbers (pot shorted out my memory ), but i remember driving incidents with alcohol is overwhelming compared to driving incidents with pot. less still are driving incidents with just pot, sans alcohol completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0eWax
Plus being under the influence of marijuana is not illegal in the states, merely possession is illegal, to my understanding?
well, i'm a bit rusty on the exact wording, but the narcs could say, "well, if you weren't in possession of the marijuana, how did you smoke it and get it into your bloodstream?" hapless stoner respond, "idk, magick?" technically though, i think you're right. i see no reason why any form of government would have control over what i actually consume; they got the controlled substances act in on interstate commerce.