View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2004-12-14, 00:56

My concern is yet again the mis-guided and innacurate deomonising of recreational drug users...

Alcohol (as thuFreak has accurately pointed out) is the overwhelming cause of "vehicular violence" and motoring accidents.

But with this new way to target the 'evil of drugs' I am afraid the drink driving progress we have made is going to get sidelined, and we will yet again be able to bash the poor stoner who generally drives sooo carefully when they have had a joint!! Remember... Grass is not speed, cocaine or PCP guys! It impairs judgement less than one drink and a painkiller or antibiotics (or other similar medication).... How many people drive regularly like that? And there is not test for that!!!

Of course if someone is doing 180MPH screaming out the windows like a loonie on PCP, Speed, Acid or whatever else then yes they should be busted.

However, I am not of the opinion that it is in any way helpful to society to bust the bloke (me) who had a spliff at 6pm and happens to still have it on his skin, or in his blood a few hours later.

Stoners are not loonies who go around driving like maniacs and causing accidents.

And let's remember there is no leeway with this like there is with alcohol. If you have had a drink, but are not over the limit (which is subjective anyway) then you are not a criminal (Even if you did have an accident!). If however you have a teeny bit of weed (or whatever) in your system and have been randomly tested and are totally in control you will be busted! Yeah! Victory for fascism and ignorance!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt